What does Family Connections do?
We help child care providers…
- through trainings and workshops on quality child care topics and issues
- learn more about opportunities available to them
- through promoting recognition and educating the public on child care issues
- by providing technical assistance and consulting
- through supporting them in their YoungStar jouney
We help families…
- ease the burden of child care expenses by paying a portion of weekly child care fees to regulated providers through our Connections grant program
- learn more about quality child care through free educational materials and technical assistance regarding child care issues.
We help communities…
- through educating the public on child care needs and issues
- through investing in our young by supporting the child care providers our children spend time with
- through recruitment and retention of child care providers to help keep our economy strong and families working while their children are in quality child care
Funding for YoungStar is provided by the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families.